A course for people who want to become present and alive to what is here and now: in themselves, in their locality, and in the stories that weave between self and place.
Coming in Spring 2019
All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was, hmm. What he was doing. Hmm.
— Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
Yoda was talking about Luke Skywalker, but in my experience, his statement could apply to most of us.
We spend the majority of our waking life with our attention not focused on where we are, or what we’re doing, but thinking about what we’re doing next, or what we’d rather be doing instead, or the people or places we’d rather be around than the ones we’re actually with right now.
That tendency robs us of so much.
So much knowledge and experience. So much wonder, and joy. So much feeling. So much love. So much capacity and efficacy in our work in the world. We miss out on all of that, because we are not present.
This programme will help you to change that.
Stand in the place where you are…
— REM, feat. The B-52s
Through this programme, you will:
- learn tools to become present in and to
- your being and body
- your thoughts and feelings
- your spirit and essence
- explore and research the place where you live, through ancient and contemporary
- official and unofficial histories
- stories of real people and places
- local legends and myths
- choose one local story that resonates with you, and immerse yourself in it
- look at what you discover through spiritual, natural, economic, social, and political lenses
- come to know both your place and yourself in greater depth and dimension
- make commitments your self and your connection with place
You will leave the course with new:
- resources of presence
- access to your own knowledge, experience, feeling, capacity, and efficacy
- tools for connection with place
- knowledge of yourself and your location
- understanding of your relationship with place
Enrolment will begin in January 2019.
If you want to be reminded when enrolment starts, and find out more about the course as its start date gets closer, sign up for updates below. You’ll also receive emails from me about other aspects of my work.