It spans the past, the present, and the future, and is here, now, in your body and heart, as well as your mind.
Each element of your past and present belongs to every part of you, and your future is yours to create.
But sometimes, claiming what is yours and forging the path you choose is too much to do by yourself. You need guidance (perhaps). You need support (definitely). But more than either of these, you need sanctuary.
A sanctuary is a safe and sacred space.
In such a space you can come to know and embrace all aspects of your story, all parts of yourself: known and unknown, expected and unexpected, comfortable and challenging.
That space, that sanctuary, is what I provide, without judgement, without dogma, without agenda. With my support, you will uncover what was, be present with what is, and transform them both into what will be: your own creation.
How I work
The way I work is a weaving together of my decades of experience as an Interfaith Minister, as a community activist and animator, as an adult educator, and as a Priestess and Witch.
I have specific training and experience in person-centred spiritual counselling, being with difficult emotions, energy work, cultural and religious diversity, and non-violent communication.
I am inspired by deep ecology and the idea and experience of inter-being, from both Pagan and Buddhist perspectives.
You can expect me to:
- always work with you towards your goals;
- hold space for you;
- listen to you;
- ask you crucial questions;
- invite you into your body and breath, as a doorway into your own deep wisdom;
- create rituals with you, to explore, cleanse, heal and align your inner world;
- close each session by ensuring you are fully present, here and now, and ready to return to your day.
I believe that:
- You are the expert on your own experience.
- No part of us is ‘higher’ or ‘better’ than any other. We are physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual beings, having physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual experiences.
- The connection between the different aspects of ourselves, between ourselves and other beings, and between ourselves and Life Itself is always real, but not always easy to feel. There are many practices which, with regular application, make it easier to experience that connection.
- We are, each one of us, telling stories all the time, to ourselves and to one another. All of those stories feel real to us, even when they are not true.
- All of our stories can be rewritten. This does not change reality (for example, we can’t just tell a new story and expect it to eradicate systemic racism), but it can change our perspective and experience, and release new energy within us.
What results you can expect
Every person comes with different needs and goals, but my clients do share some common experiences in working with me:
- Becoming present, rather than reliving the past or worrying about the future.
- Relaxing into acceptance of feelings and emotions just as they are.
- Dawning of brand new perspectives on old problems and issues.
- Becoming deeply rooted in who they truly are, now.
- Feelings of spaciousness, wholeness, and connection.
- No longer feeling alone.
These experiences enable people to move towards what they want to do and to become, with calm, confidence and courage.
Who I work with
While I enjoy working with all kinds of people, I particularly welcome working with you if you are:
- someone who has experienced wounding from religious or spiritual groups in the past;
- someone who wants to make a positive difference in the world;
- lesbian, gay, bisexual/pansexual, asexual, or queer;
- transgender, genderqueer, agender, or non-binary;
I work both one-to-one and with groups.
One to one
I offer one to one sessions via Zoom: these last an hour, and the fee for each session is £60 / £90 / £120 sliding scale. Please read How my sliding scale works before deciding on your payment level.
If you are forming or are already part of a group that would like to work together, I am available to meet with you up to once a week via Zoom: my fee for groups is £240 per 1½ hour meeting for groups of up to 8, with an additional fee for each extra group member. Maximum group size is 16. We can also set up a dedicated social network for ongoing support between meetings, for which I may charge an additional fee.