Your stories are powerful.
Each story you tell not only contains your thoughts, feelings, experiences and decisions, it creates your world; each one is a doorway not only into your past and your present, but into your possible futures.
And your stories belong to you.
Regardless of whether or not you are conscious of telling these stories, and regardless of where they originated, every one of your stories is yours.
But often it is challenging to take full ownership of them.
To claim, look at, and change your stories can be difficult work. At times, it can feel impossible. But you don't need to do it alone. I am here to support you.
I can offer you perspectives and wisdom. I can offer you skills and techniques. I can offer you resources and guidance.
But far more important than any of these, I can offer you sanctuary.
A sanctuary is a sacred space, in which you feel safe to explore and unfold your own truth.
That space, that sanctuary, is what I provide, without judgement, without dogma, without agenda.
In such a space you can uncover all aspects of your story, all parts of yourself -- known and unknown, expected and unexpected, comfortable and challenging. With this knowledge, you can make choices about who you are, what you want, your place in the world, and what you will create.
I believe that:
- You are the expert on your own experience.
- No part of us is 'higher' or 'better' than any other. We are physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual beings, having physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual experiences.
- The connection between the different aspects of ourselves, between ourselves and other beings, and between ourselves and Life Itself is always real, but not always easy to feel. There are many practices which, with regular application, make it easier to experience that connection.
- We are, each one of us, telling stories all the time, to ourselves and to one another. All of those stories feel real to us, even when they are not true.
- All of our stories can be rewritten. This does not change reality (for example, we can't just tell a new story and expect it to eradicate systemic racism), but it can change our perspective and experience, and release new energy within us.
- We can only sustain the outer work of social justice by maintaining the inner work of self awareness.
How I work
While I enjoy working with all kinds of people, I particularly welcome working with you if you are any of the following:
- committed to social justice;
- disabled and/or chronically ill;
- lesbian, gay, bisexual/pansexual, asexual, or queer;
- transgender, genderqueer, agender, or non-binary;
You can expect me to:
- always work with you towards your goals;
- hold space for you;
- listen to you;
- ask you crucial questions;
- invite you into your body and breath, as a doorway into your own deep wisdom;
- support you to create your own personal practices to nourish and resource you;
- hold you accountable to your commitments;
- close each session by ensuring you are fully present, here and now, and ready to return to your day.
My approach weaves together all I have learned from my decades of work in activism, community development, Interfaith Ministry, and both formal and informal education.
I have specific training and experience in spiritual counselling, person-centred relating, being with difficult emotions, energy work, ancestor reverence and other forms of spirit relationship, and cultural and religious diversity.
I am inspired by deep ecology and the idea and experience of inter-being, through time as well as space, from both Pagan and Buddhist perspectives.
I offer three main types of focus, depending on your current wants and needs:
1. Attend to yourself
Who are you? What do you want?
Take ownership of yourself, in all of your parts, and with all of your desires.
2. Grow strong roots
Who are your lineage? Your relations?
Connect with your ancestors through their personal stories, and the stories of their cultures.
Deepen your sense of place, and your relationship with the physical, natural, social and spiritual environment around you.
3. Create what you desire
What, when, and how will you act?
Intensive accountability to clarify your ideas, turn your ideas into plans, and put your plans into action.
Individual Sanctuary sessions
Individual sessions last for one hour, and are delivered via Zoom or Skype. They may be booked in blocks of four, with meetings every one or two weeks.
Ongoing Sanctuary support
Ongoing Sanctuary support may be booked in blocks of three months. It includes:
- one full day intensive for every three months of support;
- four individual sessions per month;
- monthly PDF summary of sessions;
- instant message support.
All options are charged on a sliding scale.
- The fee for individual sessions starts on a sliding scale of £50 - £200 per session, charged in blocks of four or eight sessions.
- The fee for ongoing support starts on a sliding scale of £600 - £1600 per month, charged in blocks of three, six, or nine months.
Fees may be paid in one chunk, or via a payment plan.
How do we get started?
I only take bookings for Sanctuary sessions and support after a free, initial chat. This is to answer any questions you may have, and to make sure we're a good fit before we start working together.
To schedule a chat, click here.
I look forward to our conversation.
in love and solidarity