It spans the past, the present, and the future, and is here, now, in your body and heart, as well as your mind.
Each element of your past and present belongs to every part of you, and your future is yours to create.
But sometimes, claiming what is yours and forging the path you choose is too much to do by yourself. You need guidance (perhaps). You need support (definitely). But more than either of these, you need sanctuary.
A sanctuary is a safe and sacred space.
In such a space you can come to know and embrace all aspects of your story, all parts of yourself: known and unknown, expected and unexpected, comfortable and challenging.
That space, that sanctuary, is what I provide, without judgement, without dogma, without agenda.
You might seek to:
- transform deep-seated negative beliefs, so that you can enjoy your self and your relationships;
- heal painful past experiences of religion and spirituality, so that you can build a nourishing personal practice with a joyful heart;
- dismantle your internalised privilege and your internalised oppression, so that you can act for social justice in a free and grounded way;
- unpack your fears, anxieties, and confusions, so that you can be here now, centered in yourself;
or any number of other goals that are important to you.
Whatever you seek, with my support, you will uncover what was, be present with what is, and transform them both into what will be: your own creation.
How I work
The way I work is a weaving together of my decades of working in activism, community development, Interfaith Ministry, and both formal and informal education.
I have specific training and experience in spiritual counselling, person-centred relating, being with difficult emotions, energy work, ancestor reverence and other forms of spirit relationship, and cultural and religious diversity.
I am inspired by deep ecology and the idea and experience of inter-being, through time as well as space, from both Pagan and Buddhist perspectives.
You can expect me to:
- always work with you towards your goals;
- hold space for you;
- listen to you;
- ask you crucial questions;
- invite you into your body and breath, as a doorway into your own deep wisdom;
- support you to create your own personal practices to nourish and resource you;
- hold you accountable to your commitments;
- close each session by ensuring you are fully present, here and now, and ready to return to your day.
I believe that:
- You are the expert on your own experience.
- No part of us is 'higher' or 'better' than any other. We are physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual beings, having physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual experiences.
- The connection between the different aspects of ourselves, between ourselves and other beings, and between ourselves and Life Itself is always real, but not always easy to feel. There are many practices which, with regular application, make it easier to experience that connection.
- We are, each one of us, telling stories all the time, to ourselves and to one another. All of those stories feel real to us, even when they are not true.
- All of our stories can be rewritten. This does not change reality (for example, we can't just tell a new story and expect it to eradicate systemic racism), but it can change our perspective and experience, and release new energy within us.
- We can only sustain the outer work of social justice by maintaining the inner work of self awareness.
What results you can expect
Every person comes with different needs and goals, but my clients do share some common experiences in working with me:
- Becoming present, rather than reliving the past or worrying about the future.
- Relaxing into acceptance of feelings and emotions just as they are.
- Dawning of brand new perspectives on old problems and issues.
- Becoming deeply rooted in who they truly are, now.
- Feelings of spaciousness, wholeness, and connection.
- No longer feeling alone.
These experiences enable people to move towards what they want to do and to become, with calm, confidence and courage.
Who I work with
While I enjoy working with all kinds of people, I particularly welcome working with you if you are any of the following:
- committed to social justice;
- disabled and/or chronically ill;
- lesbian, gay, bisexual/pansexual, asexual, or queer;
- transgender, genderqueer, agender, or non-binary;
I offer one to one sessions via Zoom. Each session lasts for one hour. I offer Sanctuary Sessions in blocks of four, arranged either weekly or every two weeks.
The fee for each block of four sessions is £240 / £360 / £480 on a sliding scale. Please read How my sliding scale works before deciding on your payment level. Fees can be paid in one chunk, or via a payment plan.
I only take bookings after a free, initial chat; this is to make sure we're a good fit before we start working together. To schedule a chat, click here. I look forward to talking with you.
in love and solidarity